If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the easiest recipes that came out of my Summer eggplant obsession was this deconstructed skillet eggplant parmesan made with fresh breadcrumbs & torn mozzarella cheese. Silky layers of sautéed fairy tale eggplant and tomatoes stand in in stark contrast to the crunchy texture of garlicky breadcrumbs. This is the kind of dish that you hope to eat alone, armed with nothing but the skillet, a knife and fork, and a thick stack of napkins. —Feed Me Dearly
- 6-7 fairy tale eggplants
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- A handful of torn basil
- Olive oil
- In a small sautee pan, sautee 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs in olive oil until golden. When cooked, season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Split 6-7 fairy tale eggplant lengthwise and sautee them in a large sautee pan over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until golden.
- When the eggplant has cooked through, turn the heat to low, and add a scattering of the torn buffalo mozzarella, the cherry tomatoes, the basil, and scatter the seasoned breadcrumbs over the top.
- Let the pan sit for 2-3 minutes, so that the mozzarella has had a chance to melt, and serve.
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.