Author Notes: These nuts have a spicy, sweet, salty goodness that's highly addictive. They're wonderfully delicious eaten by the handful, but as a topping on thick, tangy yogurt or on rich, quality vanilla ice cream, they're even that much more irresistible. - vvvanessa
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups mixed raw nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, almonds, brazil nuts), seeds (pinenuts, pumpkin seeds), and/or peanuts
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons dry chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, preferably turbinado
- 1-2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Spread the nuts out on a rimmed baking tray or jelly roll pan so they are in one layer.
- Bake the nuts, shaking the pan gently and stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, until they are toasted and fragrant. Take care not to let them overcook-- they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
- Remove nuts from the oven and let them cool before serving. They will last a couple of weeks in an airtight container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack