If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this cake yesterday for my parents 71st wedding anniversary (not a typo). I used unsalted butter instead of the other, more controversial ingredient. The cake was delicious. —nannydeb
- 18 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla, divided
- 1 1/2 cups strong black coffee
- 3 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Set out the cream cheese to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 -12 cup bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 8 ounces of the chocolate with the unsalted butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with one egg, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the coconut. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled chocolate mixture, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and coffee.
- In another bowl, whisk together cake flour, 3 cups sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Pour half of the chocolate cake mixture in to the prepared bundt pan. Top that with the coconut mixture, then top that with the remaining cake mixture.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 45 - 55 minutes, or until tester comes out clean (this time I had to bake it for 55 minutes).
- Cool on a wire baking rack for 10 minutes in the pan. Invert the cake onto the serving plate to continue cooling.
- While cake is cooling, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in 10 ounces of the bitter sweet chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle or pour (depending on how much icing you want) the ganache onto the cake.
Tags: serves a crowd
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.