Author Notes: I had found a croissant bread pudding recipe in a magazine a few years back and it inspired me to come up with a variation of my own adding bittersweet chocolate (I use Scharffen Berger). I also substituted brioche instead of croissants. I make a lot of desserts but I think this may be one of the best! Serve with ice cream or even fresh whipped cream. Absolutely decadent! - mamachef
Serves 8 people
- 6 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf of brioche (torn into pieces)
- 4 ounces good bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch (round or square) baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add brioche and chocolate to mixture and gently combine.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla or coffee ice cream or whipped cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)