If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had found a croissant bread pudding recipe in a magazine a few years back and it inspired me to come up with a variation of my own adding bittersweet chocolate (I use Scharffen Berger). I also substituted brioche instead of croissants. I make a lot of desserts but I think this may be one of the best! Serve with ice cream or even fresh whipped cream. Absolutely decadent! - mamachef
Serves 8 people
- 6 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf of brioche (torn into pieces)
- 4 ounces good bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch (round or square) baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt. Add brioche and chocolate to mixture and gently combine.
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla or coffee ice cream or whipped cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)