If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the past few days, spring has come alive in Los Angeles. The scent of new gardenias perfume Bel-Air and purple tulip magnolias are to be seen blooming every day around the UCLA campus. This sorbet is a breath of fresh air. —hope.thurman
Serves one quart
- 1 perfectly ripe honeydew melon
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Halve and de-seed the melon. In a blender, combine the honeydew, juice of the limes, salt and pepper. Puree until very smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Over a stove, combine the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour in the melon puree and heat until just combined. Chill well.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Once frozen, allow to harden overnight, or at least 12 hours.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.