Author Notes: In the past few days, spring has come alive in Los Angeles. The scent of new gardenias perfume Bel-Air and purple tulip magnolias are to be seen blooming every day around the UCLA campus. This sorbet is a breath of fresh air. - hope.thurman
Serves one quart
- 1 perfectly ripe honeydew melon
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Halve and de-seed the melon. In a blender, combine the honeydew, juice of the limes, salt and pepper. Puree until very smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Over a stove, combine the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Pour in the melon puree and heat until just combined. Chill well.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Once frozen, allow to harden overnight, or at least 12 hours.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!