If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my variation of a bread pudding my mother made for me. Other fruit, such as peaches or pears, would likely be work as well. - MES
- 6 cups cubed country style rosemary bread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 2T sugar
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups cream
- butter, for pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss bread with honey and put on large sheet pan. Toast until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Toss apple with sugar and roast until tender but not mushy.
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar with whisk, then add cream and milk.
- Butter a 2 qt. baking dish. Combine toasted bread and roasted apple and put in prepared dish. Pour custard over top, turn bread mixture to ensure all is moistened.
- Bake pudding for 45- 50 minutes or until it is set. Top will brown slightly. Pudding is done when a cake tester comes out clean after being inserted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls