Author Notes: This is my variation of a bread pudding my mother made for me. Other fruit, such as peaches or pears, would likely be work as well. - MES
- 6 cups cubed country style rosemary bread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 2T sugar
- 2 2/3 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cup cream
- butter, for pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss bread with honey and put on large sheet pan. Toast until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Toss apple with sugar and roast until tender but not mushy.
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar with whisk, then add cream and milk.
- Butter a 2 qt. baking dish. Combine toasted bread and roasted apple and put in prepared dish. Pour custard over top, turn bread mixture to ensure all is moistened.
- Bake pudding for 45- 50 minutes or until it is set. Top will brown slightly. Pudding is done when a cake tester comes out clean after being inserted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)