Author Notes: I stayed with some friends in upstate new york a while back. We planned a picnic at a local river, this recipe was my contribution. - abuck
- 2 Large farm chickens, 5-6 lbs each. Brined overnight and cut up into serving pieces
- Olive oil
- hot paprika
- smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper
- Remove chicken from brining solution, dry with paper towels
- Prepare a hot oven, and a hot cast iron frying pan with olive oil in it
- Season both sides of the chicken with a little salt (you’ve already brined it, it doesn’t need much), pepper, paprika(s), and cayenne
- Saute chicken at high heat in the frying pan. Do this in batches as not to cool the pan down too much.
- When each piece is well seared on each side add to a large roasting pan
- When all pieces are sauteed and added to the roasting pan, place the pan into the oven and roast until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Paprika