Author Notes: This is my go-to recipe for when we are having company over. It never fails me ... delicious, moist and very flavorful. I usually use lemons but it is very good with oranges and tangerines as well. - ChezUs
- 1 cage free chicken, left whole, about 3 - 4 pounds
- 2 whole lemons, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 medium sprigs of rosemary, washed and dryed
- grapeseed oil - it withstands high heat
- Heat oven to 425.
- Remove any giblets, etc… from the chicken. Wash chicken inside and out. Pat dry.
- Lay the chicken in a roasting dish. Stuff the chicken with the lemons, red onions and rosemary, alternating ingredients, so that you get equal flavor.
- Rub the chicken well with grape seed oil.
- Slide the chicken into the oven and let roast for 1 ½ hours – may be a little less or a little more depending on the size of your chicken. I test the meatiest part of the chicken leg by slightly cutting into it, if there is any sign of blood, cook longer.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roast Chicken