Author Notes: There is not much to this recipe! It is the most basic chicken stock that becomes the building block for many of my recipes I am a purist...I like recipes clean and simple. But you never know just how important something as simple as chicken stock will play in my recipes. - dymnyno
Serves about 4 cups
- 1 chicken carcass or more
- 1 gallon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken carcass in a large dutch oven and place in a 375 degree oven for about an hour OR until the carcass turns a deep golden brown.
- Add about a gallon of water to the dutch oven, cover and leave in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove from oven and on a medium flame reduce the stock until reduced by half .
- Strain through a chinois or cheesecloth.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or freeze.
- This is a very basic stock, but is an incredible building block for many recipes!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Broth