If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is not much to this recipe! It is the most basic chicken stock that becomes the building block for many of my recipes I am a purist...I like recipes clean and simple. But you never know just how important something as simple as chicken stock will play in my recipes. - dymnyno
Serves about 4 cups
- 1 chicken carcass or more
- 1 gallon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken carcass in a large dutch oven and place in a 375 degree oven for about an hour OR until the carcass turns a deep golden brown.
- Add about a gallon of water to the dutch oven, cover and leave in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove from oven and on a medium flame reduce the stock until reduced by half .
- Strain through a chinois or cheesecloth.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or freeze.
- This is a very basic stock, but is an incredible building block for many recipes!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken Broth
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.