Author Notes: Snowing. Kiddos played. We made dessert. “Mom, this is good!” Thankful. - mrslarkin
Serves a bunch
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- freshly fallen clean snow
- On a snowy day, warm the cream. Add sugar. Stir to dissolve. Stir in vanilla. Let cool.
- Send the kids outside to play. Have them collect a goodly amount of clean snow in a large bowl. Come back inside. Add to cream in 2-cup increments and stir together until desired consistency.
- Serve right away or transfer to container and freeze. Scoop into serving cups and add toppings of your choice. I used warm caramel sauce and almonds from the NYC nutman.
- More like an icemilk, the taste and texture reminds me of cream-flavored Italian ice, the homemade kind at Italian pizzerias.