If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Snowing. Kiddos played. We made dessert. “Mom, this is good!” Thankful. —mrslarkin
Serves a bunch
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- freshly fallen clean snow
- On a snowy day, warm the cream. Add sugar. Stir to dissolve. Stir in vanilla. Let cool.
- Send the kids outside to play. Have them collect a goodly amount of clean snow in a large bowl. Come back inside. Add to cream in 2-cup increments and stir together until desired consistency.
- Serve right away or transfer to container and freeze. Scoop into serving cups and add toppings of your choice. I used warm caramel sauce and almonds from the NYC nutman.
- More like an icemilk, the taste and texture reminds me of cream-flavored Italian ice, the homemade kind at Italian pizzerias.
More Great Recipes: Desserts
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.