If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to use a meat or fish as a base for the dish since the obvious would be to make a salad with the 3 ingredients" mint feta and blood oranges" for this particular contest. I played around with a few ideas until i came up with this, a very simple fast elegant meal. Using a classic combination of lamb with mint and rosemary with the unusual addition of blood oranges .Served with mash potatos with a twist ( feta cheese) The following ingredients are for one person but just double and so on per person. - chez lady S
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 dash milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup feta cheese ( i used bulgarian)
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 2-3 lamb rib chops
- 1 small handful fresh mint
- 1/2 blood orange peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- kosher salt
- 1 splash white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- boil potato's for 30-40 min or for one person place whole potato in microwave for 9 minutes ( this method works great for cooking potato's)
- meanwhile saute in a non stick pan a small handful of mint the chopped blood orange, pinch of salt a tsp of sugar and a splash of wine and cook a few minutes until wine reduces and mint is wilted.
- in an other saute pan put 1 smashed garlic clove and a dash of olive oil. Rub chops with salt and blk pepper and sear on each side for about 2-4 minutes (depending on size) on med- hight heat, remove from pan to rest briefly
- whip the potato's, feta cheese a knob of butter, a splash of milk, and white pepper, briefly in a food Processor or by hand do not over whip
- plate dish , place chops over a serving of the mash potato's and pour the mint, blood orange compote over the top of lamb chops.garnish with fresh spring of mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint