Author Notes: This week, because of a certain Wildcard Win (see Leek, Lemon, and Feta Quiche recipe), I received in the mail a box of Oxo kitchen tools. They're a beautiful spring green color, very cheerful, and of course I have set straight to work with them. The first product? Well, with my handy balloon whisk, I've whipped up a healthy serving of gratitude. This "recipe" is my way of saying a public Thank You to Amanda and Merrill for not only selecting my recipe for inclusion in the first Food52 cookbook, but for creating such a vibrant, engaging, creative space for home cooks and bakers to share their kitchen creations, advice, and passion. It is indeed the community that means the most here. The Oxo tools ice the cake. - Allison Cay Parker
Serves a community
- 2 culinary superwomen (Amanda & Merrill)
- 1 great idea (but more where that came from)
- 1 heavy dose of hard work behind the scenes of Food52
- 52 contests
- 1 cookbook
- I-don't-know-how-many inspiring members of the Food52 community
- 1 Wildcard Win for Feeding the Saints
- 1 generous sponsor of prizes (Oxo)
- Strap on an apron. Combine all ingredients. Blend until you feel a happy feeling buzzing in your body. That feeling? That's the slice of gratitude. Serve it with whipped cream. Everything tastes better with whipped cream.
- Thank you, Amanda & Merrill. Again and again.