If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm not a big fan of chili-spiciness--it lingers on my tongue in a way that just feels unpleasant. But the quick rush of sinus-clearing horseradish-spiciness makes me swoon. I love this salad dressing so much that I'll eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. - linzarella
Food52 Review: It's hard not to love a recipe where the only instructions are essentially zest, scoop and shake. As written, it comes out nicely balanced between zippy, sweet and savory, but then linzarella encourages us to customize -- a dash more horseradish for the spice fiends, a dollop more crème fraîche for the indulgent -- and shake again. The two types of dairy -- equal parts tart yogurt and mellow, rich crème fraîche -- are an especially nice touch, bringing a tempered zing to the dressing. We think it would be lovely tossed with some chilled poached shrimp and watercress or alongside some crudités. - A&M - The Editors
Makes a modest amount of dressing
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- Zest the lemon, then juice half of it. In a jar, combine juice & zest with remaining ingredients, stir, then cover the jar and shake. Taste and adjust to make it spicier, creamier, or sweeter to your preference.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
Recipe of the Day
We don't even want to taco 'bout how awesome these are.
Recipe of the Day
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
A Shoo-In Salad
The Daily Grind
A Custard Jacuzzi