Author Notes: This is my mother's meatloaf recipe. Well, I should say it is my grandfather's meatBALL recipe - that my mother decided would make a wonderful meatloaf. And it really does. My grandfather was from Italy, owned a restaurant there and was the best cook I ever knew. Mom always made this with beef - until I told her turkey would probably be healthier. :) So now it depends on our mood... it is great with either. - natwhat
- 1 pound Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs - I use Italian style
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig Parsley
- 1 Clove minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk - I use skim
- 2 Eggs - beaten
- Salt and Pepper - to flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well - I use my hands, like a lady.
- Grease (butter or Pam) a loaf pan and fill with contents of bowl.
- Place loaf pan in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes - or until darkish brown on top.
- Enjoy! I like mine with ketchup - but eating by itself is equally delightful. :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf