If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can mix the batter and pop the pan in the oven, letting the muffins bake while you brew coffee or take a quick shower (or read a newspaper!). Standard mini muffin pans also make the batter-measuring process easier: All you need is a rounded measuring tablespoon to scoop up the batter and portion it into the muffin cups. Adding chocolate and toffee chips only sweeten the deal, and if you really need a pick-me-up, dot the tops with crystallized ginger before baking for extra zing. - Furey and the Feast
Makes 20 mini muffins
- 4 ounces flour
- 2 ounces golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee chips
- Optional: Crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners, or use a nonstick mini-muffin pan.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a small bowl. In a larger bowl, add melted butter, milk, egg and mashed banana, and mix thoroughly.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, and whisk with a fork until just combined. Add in chocolate and toffee chips.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion out 1 tablespoon of muffin batter into each muffin cup. Top batter with chopped crystallized ginger, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy your morning.