If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some cornmeal on hand so i decided to make cornbread but on the sweeter side, something to have with tea.
I referenced the New Moosewood cookbook for a "basic cornbread recipe" and made a few changes including adding a juice of one lemon and its zest more sugar and dried cranberries.
it turned out just like i was hoping, a perfect balance of sweet and tart. It also looked so beautiful fluffy yellow texture with the red cranberries.
Serve warm or at room temperature with my "rainy day bourbon ginger tea" or any tea coffee, or a light desert wine would be nice. —chez lady S
Serves about 9 squares
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher
- 1/2 cup milk ( i used lowfat 1% but any will do)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon and zest
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- grease a 8-10 inch square pan with butter and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl ( except for sugar)
- combine sugar, yogurt, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and egg in a separate bowl
- stir the wet mixture into the dry
- stir in dried cranberries
- put in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until very lightly browned
Life's a beach
Life's a beach.
Food blog links we love.
It's time to travel.
The truth about salt swaps.
Put cake on a pedestal.