If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned this technique with the food processor years ago when I taught consumers how to get the most out of their Cuisinart food processors. This works with all fresh fruit in season, and is best with lusciously ripe fruit like the Tristars in this sherbet. - ChefJune
Food52 Review: All we can say is: thank goodness ChefJune was given an assignment to teach people about the wonders of their Cuisinarts. Not only is this simple dessert packed with intense strawberry flavor, but it takes all of five minutes to make. We'll admit we were a bit skeptical about the technique, but it works perfectly: you purée frozen berries in the food processor with sugar and lemon, leave the motor running while you pour in a little cold milk, and voila -- you have a lovely, loose sherbet. Since strawberry season is over, we used store-bought frozen berries. You can make this sherbet with pretty much any type of frozen fruit, but if you buy it ready-frozen, we recommend that you be judicious with the sugar. - A&M - The Editors
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 cups superfine cane sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- wash and hull the berries and freeze for 40 minutes to 1 hour
- Chill the work bowl and blade of your food processor.
- Put the frozen strawberries, sugar and lemon juice into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse to chop berries coarsely, then run machine continuously to create almost a purée.
- With the machine still running, pour the very cold milk through the feed tube into the strawberry mixture until the mixture is JUST blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes, garnish with sprigs of fresh mint, and serve at once!
- Your Best Frozen Dessert Contest Finalist!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!