If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my mom's old standards. It is the kind of thing you make a big batch of and eat for lunch or dinner or take on a picnic. I love the addition of candied ginger. It takes the place of raisins and adds a little zing. - Brita
- 3 boneless /skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 scallions diced finely (pale green parts only)
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons madras curry powder
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. In a medium stock pot bring chicken stock and 3 cups water to a boil. Add chicken and poach until cooked through. (about 10 minutes) Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Discard poaching liquid or reserve for another use.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine mayo, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, ginger and curry powder and mix thoroughly.
- After chicken has cooled chop or shred by hand into small pieces. Add to the yogurt mixture along with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve cold on a bed of greens. (I like watercress or spinach) Or make into sandwiches and enjoy!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls