If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think of this as kulfi with a kick. Rose water helps to give the ice cream a heady floral scent and, aside from adding flavor, the pistachio liquer gives it a slight chewiness. Serve it with your favorite Indian meal and you'll be racing through the nan, straight for dessert. - hillary
Makes 1.25 pints
- 2 teaspoons ground green cardamom
- 1.5 cups half & half
- 0.5 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 teaspoons rose water
- 2 tablespoons Dumante (pistachio liquer)
- Heat half & half and cardamom over low heat, until it comes to a simmer. Once it is simmering, add the sugar and allow the mixture to continue heating until the sugar is dissolved and the flavor of the cardamom has infused, about 10-15 minutes. Take care that your mixture does not boil.
- Remove cardamom infused half & half from the heat and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the egg yolks in a blender and mix, streaming in the cardamom half & half slowly until both are well incorporated.
- Add heavy cream, Dumante and rose water to the blender and mix.
- Chill your ice cream base until is has completely cooled, then churn according to your ice cream maker instructions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.