If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So I was thinking that there are a million chicken recipes and people make themselves crazy picking one to cook for dinner. At work we do it another way; we cook off many chickens at once using a standard recipe. You then decide what sauce or condiment to serve with it. This way my crew always does the same thing unless directed otherwise. I now have room to play with how I want to serve the chicken. A chimichurri sauce, maybe a Peruvian cilantro sauce or possibly a Tikki masala cream sauce. You see, the hard part is done and it ain’t that hard. Cook the chicken and then let your imagination go wild. This is also how we do it in our home for week night dinners.
The secret is the lemon. It acts as a steaming agent and keeps even the white meat juicy and fragrant.
PS: Get yourself a instant read thermometer, it makes life so much easier. —Have to cook!
Serves 4-6 people
- 3.5 pounds Whole chicken
- 1 Drizzle oil (any kind wil do)
- 1 whole lemon stabbed 12 times
- Rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Rub oil all over chicken.
- Salt and pepper chicken inside and out.
- Stuff chicken cavity with lemon.
- Roast in preheated 425F oven for approximately 1.5 hours. Until instant read thermometer reads 165. Remove from oven and let rest on counter for 10 minutes. Carve and serve with favorite sauce.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).