If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The absolute BEST sugar cookie ever. I am a serious collector of cookie recipes and love the combination of flavors this one has. 2 kinds of fat, sugar and 3 kinds of extracts add to the complexity of flavor. Additionally, it's no roll, so no fuss! - MaMaZu
Serves 4 dozen or so
- 1 cup EACH confectioners' sugar, white sugar, butter and oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH vanilla, lemon and almond extracts
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1. Beat sugars, butter, oil and salt very well. Add eggs and dry ingredients. 2. Make into balls, roll in sugar and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of greased cup also dipped in sugar. 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie
9 Ways to Celebrate the Birth of the Royal Baby
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
Fresh beer, anywhere.
Garden Mule Cocktail
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!