If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from playing around in the kitchen with an old sugar cookie recipe and some new ingredients. —Savour
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.125 cups flour
- 1.2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan or in the microwave until just melted.
- Add sugars and corn syrup to melted butter in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Add egg yolk, yogurt and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, soda and salt, stir until the flour is entirely incorporated.
- Chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using an ice cream scoop that scoops about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough, scoop the dough into balls, evenly spaced on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. They may look a little soft in the center.
- Let cookies cool thoroughly, and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.