If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this marinade for pork to dress it up a bit for company. I often change it from blood oranges, to tangerine juice or a combo of lime, lemon and orange; be creative.I marinade the roast in a ziplock bag over night in the fridge or at least 2 hours before. One dinner my friend MaryNell Rapheal (is that not a great name?) suggested glazing the roast with my Rosehip Jelly/Syrup that I make every September. Well, it was meant to be. Sometimes you need outside eyes and smart friends. This can be served with whipped potatoes or rice of your choice. It needs a strong green vegetable like beet greens, kale, or spinach or an alternative like roasted spring vegatables or grilled asparagus. Follow with a lemon dessert. —SaySchwartzAndBeSure
Marinade for roast
- 2 cups Citrus juice: blood oranges, tangerine, combo of lime, lemon & oranges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili peppers or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- many cloves of garlic sliced and insterted into the roast
3-4 lbs shoulder of roast
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 3/4 cup rosehip jelly/syrup
- Remove roast from marinade. Place on a raised roaster pan. Add 1/2 a glass of white wine. Cook at 475 for 10-15 min then reduce temperture to 350. Baste every 20 min. Cook for 45 min. Remove from oven and generously coat with rosehip jelly or syrup. Continue to cook untill glaze browns or meat reaches 155F or 70C on the thickest part another 15 mins.
- Remove from oven, cover loosly with tinfoil and let rest for 10-15 min. Slice.
- You can melt/ heat any remaining syrup or jam to drip over meat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder
Yello There, Yakitori
A menu that's everything and more
A menu that has it all.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
We give it 8 tentacles up.