If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I cook a lot of Indian and Southeast Asian influenced recipes with curries making regular appearances in my kitchen. Because of this there is a constant supply of limes, ginger, and coconut (oil/milk/flakes) in the house and that is how these cookies came to be. —testkitchenette
Serves 15-20 cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- zest of one lime
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone liner.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Mix the egg, coconut milk, ginger, lime zest, and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside
- Using a handheld mixer or upright one, cream the butter and add the sugar gradually. Add the egg, coconut milk, ginger, lime zest, and lime juice mixture. Add the flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chewy Sugar Cookie