Author Notes: This drink recipe evolved from years of raking clams and hanging out on the beaches and waters of Nantucket. I give you the easy version-made with bottled clamato juice. I have also made these, juicing local tomatoes and shucking littlenecks for the juice. Like any tomatoey-vodka concoction, the variations are endless. - danigirl
- 3 ounces Good vodka (I like 888 brand)
- 12 ounces Clamato juice
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- 4 dashes Tobasco sauce
- I Lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dried dill
- Ground black pepper
- 2 Shucked littleneck clams with juice
- Combine first eight ingredients in a picher and stir well. Pour over ice into two large iced glasses (I use pint beer glasses).
- Place a shucked clam into each glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best End of Summer Cocktail