Author Notes: Ever had a lobster roll? Love at first bite, right? Well, this dish may just make that lobster roll jealous. And the best part is, if you have made my "Baked Halibut" and had leftovers, this is the place for you. If you don't have leftovers, you can used the Baked Halibut (or Cod, if you like) recipe and just leave off the bread crumbs. Let cool at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator, then mix this up! - vivisue
- 3/4 pounds Halibut, baked
- 2 Celery Ribs, sliced thin
- 1 piece Roasted Red Pepper, diced small
- 8 Black Olives, Large, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Herb Mayonnaise (see below)
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 Croissants
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Whole Grain Mustard
- Couple dashes Tabasco
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flake fish into small pieces in large bowl.
- Add celery, red pepper, olives, parsley, green onions and pepper to fish.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for the mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise to fish mixture and mix throughly.
- Cut croissants in half and remove some of the interior bread, making room for the fish mixture. Spoon into croissants and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve with a side of fresh fruit for a great summertime treat!
Tags: basil, black olives, bread, celery, cod, croissants, dill, dill, fish, Halibut, lemon, lemon juice, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, olives, onion, parsley, parsley, parsley, pepper, red peppers, roast, Sandwiches, scallions, seafood, Tabasco, thyme, tomatoes, tomatoes, whole grain mustard