If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have never cooked scallops before. I love them though, and I have had them with purees and with bacon in restaurants. I conceived of this dish with the hope that the fresh herb oil, lemon juice, and vinegar would balance the meatiness of the pancetta and chickpea puree. - clintonhillbilly
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 can chickpeas with liquid
- 12 scallops
- 1/2 cup pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- In a blender or food processor, puree chives, mint, olive oil, jalapeno and 1 tbsp lemon juice, seasoning to taste. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Put sundried tomatoes and golden raisins in water and remove from stove. Let sit for ten minutes.
- Put 1/2 can chickpeas with liquid, sundried tomatoes, golden raisins, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and paprika in blender and puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crisp pancetta in a skillet and set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Melt butter in skillet. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and place them into skillet. Sautee for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and sautee for one minute on the other side.
- Place scallops on a dish with sundried tomato puree and chive oil. Sprinkle pancetta over scallops, and drizzle remaining lemon juice and white balsamic onto them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.