If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade lemonade is always a treat, and this lovely pink version with the surprising flavor of rhubarb and brightness of fresh mint is sure to impress. A shot of rum or gin couldn't hurt! - TheRunawaySpoon —TheRunawaySpoon
Food52 Review: WHO: TheRunawaySpoon is a food writer who is somewhere in between a food snob and a food schlub.
WHAT: The drink you should sip all of spring.
HOW: Make a rhubarb-lemon simple syrup, and then add lemon juice and sparkling water.
WHY WE LOVE IT: This lemonade has just enough bubbles and brightness to make it truly refreshing. The flavor actually deepens after a day or two—so add sparkling water when you're ready to drink. As TheRunawaySpoon says, a shot of rum or gin would make this the perfect spring cocktail. —Food52
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 5 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen (20 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 3 - inch strips lemon zest
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- In a saucepan, stir together the water, the rhubarb pieces, the sugar, the lemon zest and the mint. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the rhubarb mixture cool, the strain it through a wire-mesh strainer set over a large pitcher. Press on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids
- Stir in the lemon juice and soda. Serve over ice, garnished with a sprig of mint.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.