If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very few ingredients come together for a delicious afternoon drink, best enjoyed in a garden, or at least while thinking of one! The rosemary simply syrup keeps well in the fridge if you have extra. - LindsayMaitland - Lindsay Hunt
Food52 Review: Everyone who popped in for a visit on the unseasonably warm Saturday that I tested this recipe helped with the taste test. The verdict was unanimous: This is a fabulously refreshing drink. The rosemary and the lemon rind combine to give the simple syrup a slightly bittersweet, almost piney edge, which is cut beautifully by the lemon juice and as much bubbly water as you desire. I suggest muddling the rosemary leaves a bit before adding them to the syrup to impart a bit more of their flavor. Also, if you have extra rosemary sprigs, they make a nice aromatic garnish for the drink. - cheese1227 - The Editors
- 10 Lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 32 ounces sparkling water
- Remove the zest of one lemon, using either a microplane or a paring knife. Set aside with the leaves of the rosemary sprigs.
- Juice the lemons, strain the juice if desired through a fine sieve. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil. When the sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid has boiled, remove from heat. Add the rosemary and lemon zest, cover and let steep for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Strain the simple syrup through a sieve to remove the rosemary and lemon zest and let cool.
- To serve, fill 8 glasses with ice. Portion the lemon juice, rosemary simply syrup and sparkling water to taste. Stir and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Heat Without Fear
Spice up your life.
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Fried Goat Cheese with Honey and Black Pepper
Go play outside!