Author Notes: My mother's family had a little place in Maine that we visited in the summers. These muffins were on the table at least once a day, overflowing with fresh picked wild blueberries. They are not very sweet, and were often served at supper, along with fried chicken and corn on the cob. I don't know if the recipe was my grandmother's or my mother's, but I'm continuing the family tradition by serving them often when blueberries are in season. - MrsWheelbarrow
- 2-2/3 cups flour
- 2-2/3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, scant
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Mix together the butter, egg and milk. Add to the flour mixture and quickly mix with a fork. Fold in blueberries.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray the muffin tin well with non-stick spray.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes. (This recipe can also be baked in an 8x8 pan for 25 min. and cut in squares to serve.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You