If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to be a soda jerk. The soda fountain I tended was a quaint fixture in the drugstore in Western Massachusetts where thirsty New Yorkers would hop off the Peter Pan bus that had escorted them out of the city and into the heart of the Berkshires on hot summer weekends. It was even quainter in their urban eyes because even into the early 1990s they could still get any one of 16 flavors of fountain soda for just 16 cents. This particular combination -- raspberry and lime -- was a winner with those parched travelers because it is so refreshing. I no longer pump the syrup from the chrome canister behind the counter. I make my own as the base for this thirst buster. - cheese1227 - cheese1227
Food52 Review: A great drink -- the raspberry just flirts with sweetness and the lime gives the drink a brisk, snappy conclusion. We wouldn't change a thing. - A&M - The Editors
Serves four, 10-ounce beverage
- 12 ounces frozen red raspberries
- 1.5 cups sugar
- Zest of two limes
- Juice of two limes
- 24 ounces Sparkling water
- Thin slices of lime for garnish
- Combine raspberries, sugar and zest in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until the berries dissolve and the sugar melts. Only let it boil for 2-3 minutes as you don't want jam. After that time, take the syrup off the heat and let cool slightly. Strain the syrup.
- Fill a tall glass by half with ice. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of the syrup over the ice. Squeeze the juice of half a lime into the glass. Fill the glass to the top with sparkling water and garnish with a lime slice or two.
- Serve with a straw so that the drinker has the choice of either stirring or getting lots of syrup in the first sip (that latter is still my preference!).
- Your Best Spring Refresher Contest Finalist!
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls