If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe a year ago, for Mixology Monday, a themed monthly online cocktail party: http://mixologymonday.com/. The theme for which I created this drink was to spin a classic cocktail into a new direction, and for this drink, I chose to adapt the margarita. The result was perhaps a little bizarre, but it was very tasty. You can visit my blog for a longer explanation of the thought process behind this combination of flavors: http://www.adashofbitters.com/2009/04/13/mixology-monday-a-simple-twist-of-great/ - adashofbitters - adashofbitters
Food52 Review: The Ruirita is a sophisticated sipper with a few hurdles to overcome: There are several ingredients (Cynar, orange-flower water and rhubarb bitters) that the average person is unlikely to have on hand. It is also a cocktail that requires measurement -- no eyeballing ingredients here! All that said, Ruirita does a great job of introducing casual drinkers to the complexities of Cynar and the use of bitters. The drink is flavorful and intriguing: the herbal Cynar complements with the bouquet of orange-flower water and the tequila smooths it all together. - Savorykitchen
- The Editors
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cynar artichoke liqueur
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3 dashes Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters
- 2 drops orange-flower water, to rinse glass
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients except orange-flower water, and shake for 10 seconds.
- Rinse chilled glass with orange-flower water and discard anything that pools in bottom of glass. (This stuff is strongly flavored, so be careful with it.)
- Strain cocktail into glass.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls