If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On our honeymoon in India, my husband and I became separated from our fabulous driver one sweltering afternoon in the bangle bazaars of Jaipur. At a loss for how to reconnect (no cell phones!), we headed for the one place we were sure he would come looking: the cafe where we returned time and again to cool off over an icy lassi. With this recipe, though it takes a bit more time, I really recommend grinding the cardamom fresh. - gluttonforlife —gluttonforlife
Food52 Review: This recipe is quick to blend up, but leaves you feeling as if you've traveled to an exotic locale. The spices and sugar are a perfect foil for the tangy yogurt. I adore cardamom, but don't use saffron much in my kitchen -- I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked how it tastes in this lassi. The saffron also adds lovely orange colored flecks to this delicious drink. It's a wonderful warm weather refresher as is; I also loved it with a banana blended in (and have added it to my breakfast repertoire). - WinnieAb —The Editors
- 2 cups whole-milk organic yoghurt
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- In a small cup, stir saffron into 1 tablespoon boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Puree yogurt, sugar, cardamom, salt and saffron mixture in blender until thoroughly mixed. Chill until ice cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher