If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mom used to make this, with spaghetti, about once a week for our family when all five of us kids were growing up. It was my favorite dinner, and now it's my daughters' favorite dinner also. She is from Holland originally, and she has always liked to cook low-fat (even in the '70's!), so that's where the draining of the meat and addition of curry powder come from (lots of Indonesian food in Holland). - maud
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 ounces can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Brown the beef over low to medium heat, breaking gently apart with a wooden spoon.
- While the meat is browning, add the onion and garlic powder.
- Drain the fat from the beef by tipping the pan over an old can for disposal (or the sink drain if no one is looking-- I did not say that).
- Add the tomato paste and then 2 (tomato paste) cans of tap water and heat to a simmer.
- Add the basil, oregano and curry powder.
- Taste it and see if it needs a little black pepper.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes and serve over spaghetti with grated parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.