If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pretty simple recipe, can easily be substituted with a different white fish. - mtlabor
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Mahi Mahi filets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place panko in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a separate shallow dish. Dip the mahi mahi filets in the eggs, then dredge in panko. Set aside.
- Whisk the mustard powder, red pepper flakes, and 5 tablespoons water in a small bowl until mustard is dissolved.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil under medium high heat. Add fish and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Combine the mustard mixture with 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- In same skillet used for fish, add the powdered ginger and stir for about 30 seconds. (If no or little oil remains in the pain, add about 1 teaspoon or so) Then add chicken broth, sake, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sugar, and wasabi paste. Stir until wasabi and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Arrange fish on top of steamed brown rice and drizzle with wasabi/ginger sauce. Serve with the mustard/soy sauce on the side.