If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe takes the humble crumble and turns it into a decadent and rich dessert. I can't remember where I originally saw it but it has evolved over the years into its current incarnation. Enjoy! - alovess
- 200 grams hazelnuts, skins removed, toasted
- 75 grams castor sugar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 50 grams 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 800 grams rhubarb, washed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 100 grams castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons dessert wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest of 1 orange
- Place rhubarb, 100 grams castor sugar, dessert wine, cinnamon, and orange zest in a medium ceramic dish. Cover with foil and place in 180 degree celcius oven for 30 mins.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 mins.
- Break up rhubard with a fork.
- Place hazelnuts, butter, 75 grams castor sugar, and flour in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in chocolate.
- Spoon crumble mixture over rhubarb and bake for 15 mins until golden.
- Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or thick cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.