Author Notes: As out of trend as the Cosmopolitan might be now, I really love its combination of sweet and tart. I'm a newbie to the rhubarb so I thought this cocktail might be a great way of getting at the rhubarb's essence. - NakedBeet
Makes 1 drink
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
- enough cold water to just cover the rhubarb
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Place water, sugar and the rhubarb pieces into a stockpot. Cook on medium high heat and just before it comes to a boil, simmer the rhubarb for an additional 30 minutes.
- Strain the rhubarb pieces from the water through a cheesecloth to get a clear pink liquid. Cool to room temperature and keep refrigerated. Use the reserved juice for the Cosmo or a pink lemonade.
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces rhubarb juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, strain and pour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb