If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As out of trend as the Cosmopolitan might be now, I really love its combination of sweet and tart. I'm a newbie to the rhubarb so I thought this cocktail might be a great way of getting at the rhubarb's essence. —NakedBeet
Makes 1 drink
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
- enough cold water to just cover the rhubarb
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Place water, sugar and the rhubarb pieces into a stockpot. Cook on medium high heat and just before it comes to a boil, simmer the rhubarb for an additional 30 minutes.
- Strain the rhubarb pieces from the water through a cheesecloth to get a clear pink liquid. Cool to room temperature and keep refrigerated. Use the reserved juice for the Cosmo or a pink lemonade.
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces rhubarb juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, strain and pour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.