If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pizza Man burned down, and we are all very sad about it. This recipe was inspired by the once-a-year craving that persuaded us sway from our typical, more mainstream, order. The original PM version used canned pineapple and Canadian bacon. The fresh pineapple, pancetta, and the addition of basil oil in this recipe gives the pizza a nice balance of sweet, salty, smokey, and fresh - and the little melty bites of cream cheese are delightful. —Jennifer Ann
- 1/2 - 3/4 pounds of your favorite pizza dough
- 1 small handful flour or cornmeal
- 1/2 cup traditional red pizza sauce, more or less
- 2 very thin horizontal slices of fresh pineapple, peel and core removed, then cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 - 1 ounces cream cheese
- 2-3 thin slices of pancetta, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 - 1 cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, more or less
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat pizza stone in 500 degree oven for at least 30 minutes - longer if you have time; roll out pizza dough at thin as you'd like on a pizza peel sprinkled with enough flour or corn meal to allow the pizza to slide; top with sauce and then pineapple slices; pinch pea-sized bits of the cream cheese, and dot over top of pizza; sprinkle with mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses; finally, top with pancetta and black pepper; slide onto the pizza stone in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes - until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- While the pizza is in the oven, blend basil, olive oil, and salt in a blender until liquified; drizzle over top of the pizza straight from the oven (you may have more basil oil than you need)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.