Author Notes: I don't have a pizza stone. I have failed at all attempts to make homemade pizza crust. But I love pizza and want to make it at home. This is a pizza compilation of my favorite everyday ingredients, complete with my beloved sea salt Ciabatta bread from Whole Foods. - CatherineTornow
Serves 2 small pizza
- 1 piece Sea Salt Ciabatta Bread from Whole Foods
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups Mozzerella, shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 1 handful anchovies
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, no tail
- 1 handful grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet. Slice bread length wise (like a hamburger bun) and toast in olive oil about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Spread tomato sauce on toasted bread.
- Sprinkle the cheeses on top of the tomato sauce.
- Top with tomatoes, shrimp, anchovies and capers.
- Decorate pizzas with the chopped basil, and any extra mozzarella that you might have laying around.
- Bake in preheated oven at 500 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving or you will burn you mouth and not taste anything for several days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza