If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few summers ago while in Chamonix, Frederique and I were scouring the lovely markets and bakeries the town had to offer while DH & his brother were climbing the Mt Blanc. The produce was fresh and colorful and Frederique, an excellent cook having worked for many years in great restaurants in Montreal, had wonderful menus planned for us while the boys climbed the mountain. This is one dish that will stay with me forever. It’s elegant and refined, can serve a crowd and can easily be made with either trout or artic char. - Culinista Annouchka
- 3-4 pounds salmon ?llet, skin intact
- 4 leeks (white & light green parts only) cleaned, halved, quartered & finely sliced
- 3 meyer lemons, sliced in 1/4 inch (regular lemons will do as well)
- 1/2 cup mustard Moutarde de Meaux
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup white wine (anything you'd readily drink)
- Salt & pepper
- Mix the mustard and maple syrup together until well combined, season well with salt and pepper. Coat the trout with the mixture and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare 2 large sheets of aluminum foil. In a shallow baking pan, place the sliced leeks and top with sliced lemons. Lay the fish on top of the leeks & lemons and top with more of the maple mustard marinade. Place the other sheet of foil and bring up the edges of the foil, crease together and then fold to seal tightly except for 1 corner. Pour the wine into the packet and seal the last corner.
- Bake until the fish is just cooked through, while remaining slightly pink in the center - about 25 to 35 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. To test for doneness, open the packet and pierce with a fork. Serve with the leeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salmon
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.