Author Notes: My mom makes this fried chicken, which is really sauteed and then baked. She uses a secret ingredient, which I will reveal here for the first time. I changed it a little by brining the chicken, which keeps it from drying out. - luvcookbooks
- 8 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Dissolve the kosher salt in several cups of water and pour over the chicken in a plastic container. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dry the chicken well with paper towels.
- Combine the flour, celery seed, salt and pepper in a Ziploc bag. Shake a few pieces of chicken at a time in the flour mixture.
- Carefully tap the chicken to remove excess flour.
- Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking pan and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fried Chicken