If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even though I am a recent vegan, I continue cooking meals for friends and family that I used just because I know they will be a hit. I love Asian food and this recipe is super simple and delicious and really not complicated at all. Teriyaki sauce can be made in your home without the added chemicals in a prepared sauce you find in the store. Enjoy! - Singerinkitchen - Singerinkitchen
Food52 Review: Some recipes make you feel skilled and accomplished. Others are easy, weeknight go-tos. This Tangy Teriyaki Salmon tops the chart in both categories. I was intimidated by the idea of making teriyaki sauce from scratch, but it was shockingly easy. The beautiful plate was on the table in less than 20 minutes, and it tasted as good as it looked. The salmon is silky and tender, as it is essentially poached in the teriyaki sauce. I would recommend flipping only once and cooking for about 4 minutes on each side. Once the salmon is removed, the sauce reduces to a salty glaze that would be fantastic over any protein: steak, scallops, chicken or a vegetable stir-fry. A great excuse to make it again and again! - CatherineJagers
- The Editors
- 5 salmon filets
- 3/4 cup mirin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, add the mirin, soy sauce, lime juice, and ginger. Combine well and turn on medium heat.
- Once the sauce starts simmering, add the salmon fillets with the flesh side turned down on the sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Rotate the fillets to sides every 5 minutes until the fish has cooked for a total of 15 minutes.
- Remove salmon fillets on a plate.
- Add green onions and sesame seeds to the sauce and simmer for 5 more minutes. The sauce should be thickened by now.
- Serve salmon on each plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve with white rice and roasted broccoli for a complete meal.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.