If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled Salmon w/ Black Beans... so simple, the flavors just come alive! - mtlabor —mtlabor
Food52 Review: This is a tasty, healthy combined dish once it all comes together in the end, especially if you let the beans sit and meld a bit with the other ingredients before serving as the flavor improves exponentially after even a half hour wait. I recommend using fresh thyme rather than dried in the marinade and placing the fish skin side down in it instead of up to allow for more flavor to permeate the fish. - cheese1227 —The Editors
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, 2 pressed, 3 minced
- freshly grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 7 oz. salmon fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- Whisk the olive oil, pressed garlic, lime peel, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small baking dish. Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the dish. Brush the marinade over the top and sides of fish. Let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, tomatoes, jalapenos, and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and cumin. Reduce heat and cook for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro and set aside.
- Spray grill with nonstick spray and heat to medium high. Arrange the salmon on the grill, skin side up and spray skin with nonstick spray. Grill salmon for about 4-5 minutes. Carefully flip over and grill for about 3 more minutes, or until opaque all the way through.
- Serve fish with black beans and dig on in!
Match your style to your arrangement
Flower arrangements for your style.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The chicest apron around.