Author Notes: I discovered the joys of miso paste a year or two ago, and I use it for all kinds of things. But one of the things it does best is add its salty unctuousness to a dressing for sweet potato salad. I use this dressing for almost everything, including tossing raw veggies for roasting. - Kayb
- 4 medium sweet potatos, peeled and cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (I use white miso)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatos with olive oil and put in a bag with sesame seeds and shake to coat. Spread out on foil-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together remaining dressing ingredients. Toss gently with potato chunks. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad