If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is my take on a German potato salad which is usually served warm with a slightly tart bacon and vinegar dressing. In my version I use crispy pancetta instead of bacon. And because I love the play of sweet and salty flavors, I also use dried cranberries which complement the the saltiness of the pancetta. I also like to crumble fresh goat cheese on top- I think it adds a nice tangy flavor and creaminess that works great with the warm potatoes. —Sonali aka the Foodie Physician
- 2 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus extra for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a large saucepan and fill the saucepan with enough cold water to cover them. Salt the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and slice them into 1/4-inch slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Add the mustard, vinegar, chicken stock, and dried cranberries and stir to combine. Cook 3-4 minutes until liquid is reduced by half. Add the sliced potatoes along with the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine all ingredients well.
- To serve, transfer the potatoes to a serving platter and crumble the goat cheese on top. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Serve warm.
Tags: potato salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.