Author Notes: This potato salad has been a long standing tradition in my family, originating from my mother. My two sisters and I have been making it for years. And it seems each of us has adapted it to our specific palettes as well should you. There is a balance of the bite from the curry with the sweet of the sugar which should allow ample room for you to experiment. We love this as a side dish to any barbecue dish. - jlffool
- 6 red or yukon gold potatoes - medium large
- 6 eggs - hard boiled
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- S&P to taste
- Boil potatoes until almost tender. Potatoes will continue to cook during cool down.
- Coarsely slice potatoes and eggs in mixing bowl. Add onions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, sugar and curry powder thoroughly (no lumps). Add parsely. Pour dressing over potato/egg mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad