If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is best served as a side dish to a main course. It is especially good with grilled fish, steaks, or roasted chicken. - Jennifer Ann - Jennifer Ann
Food52 Review: Jennifer Ann's green bean salad is refined and elegant enough to please the most devoted Francophile, but it's far from pretentious. The ingredient list is a study in green (beans, zucchini, tarragon, capers, green peppercorns, olive oil), and the fresh, herbal crunchiness of the resulting salad is a lovely expression of the color itself. A dab of mayo tames the assertiveness of some of the supporting ingredients, rendering the dressed vegetables velvety and zippy at the same time. The combination of tarragon and capers make this a great accompaniment for salmon or other fish. - A&M - The Editors
- 1/2 pound French green beans, stems removed
- 1 small green zucchini (about 6-8 oz.), julienned lengthwise then cut in half
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinches of flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon green peppercorns, finely crushed (more to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil on the stove, drop in beans for 1-2 minutes until bright green but still very crisp; drain and soak in an ice water bath to stop them from cooking further; when cool enough to handle, cut in half and add to bowl with the zucchini.
- For the dressing, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise, and a couple pinches of salt; stir in tarragon and peppercorns, reserving a small bit of each for garnish.
- Add enough dressing to the beans and zucchini to lightly coat; stir in capers; transfer to serving bowl and top with a few sprigs of tarragon and a light dusting of pepper.
- Your Best String Bean Salad Contest Finalist!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Mom's (The) Best
Mom's Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!