If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great set it and forget it recipe when you need to feed a crowd. I use pork tenderloin instead of traditional pork butt because it keeps down the fat. I serve it Memphis style, with Cole Slaw - KarenA
- 2 large pork tenderloins, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 bottle prepared BBQ sauce, or 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce recipe)
- 1/2 cup yellow or brown mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup if you like a sweeter sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, or 2 Teaspoons of bottled garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder ( omit if you like sweeter sauce)
- Place pork on bottom of large crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl, pour over pork. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low
- remove pork and set aside on cutting board. Remove sauce and set aside.
- using two forks, shred pork, place back in crock pot on warm. Add enough sauce to evenly coat.
- Serve on rolls with cole slaw on top. Serve extra sauce for those who like drippy sandwiches....
- 1 Bag of cole slaw mix
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon splenda or sugar
- Place cole slaw mix in large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix remaining ingredients, then blend into cole slaw. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork Sandwich
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.