Author Notes: Although I am not usually a fan of gelatin based cheesecakes, this one is quick to prepare and simply delicious. - foodfanatic
- 1 cookie or graham cracker base
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 18 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 11/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 pound large strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam, warmed and strained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare you favorite cheesecake base in a 10" springform pan - I do a graham cracker or shortbread one. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the water and warm, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and condensed milk in an electric mixer until smooth. Beat cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir warm gelatin into cream cheese mixture, fold in cream and chocolate. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Arrange strawberries on top of the cheesecake and brush with the combined juice and jam.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries