If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe for the Food52 Central Park potluck picnic from an old French recipe that I found a while ago. I add chipotle pepper to the chicken broth (as in my Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth) and I finish the dish with fresh lobster and scallions. —lechef
Serves 6-8 as a starter
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small dried chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 6-8 ounces fresh lobster (or crab) meat, chilled
- 4 scallions, greens only, chopped
- salt and pepper
- If using chicken boullon or canned chicken stock, add 1 cup of water to 2 cups of broth, and simmer with the chipotle pepper until reduced back to 2 cups. Or use my Zesty Herbed Chicken Broth recipe and make lots of broth! The chipotle is of course optional, but I like the heat and smokiness that it provides. Chill the stock.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop out into a blender. Add the juice of the 1/2 lemon and the cream, and blend. Add stock as needed to get the mixture flowing smoothly in the blender.
- Add the cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. If you like a little more acidity you can add more lemon juice as well.
- When ready to serve, ladle the soup into chilled bowls, and place appx 1 T of fresh lobster meat on each plate (a nice lump). Sprinkle with fresh scallions and finish with a turn of black pepper.
Our Latest #f52contest
Show us your best cold drinks
Our latest #f52contest.
A matter of taste.
It's time to travel.
A case for cooked fruit.
Off to market.